- Gladwell Otieno on Upcoming August 2017 Polls in Kenya
About the AudioFor this Talking Africa programme Desmond Davies speak to Ms. Gladwell Otieno, the Executive Director of Africa Centre for Open Governance (AFRICOG) to discuss the prospects of peace and the role of the civil societyRecorded: March 2017 | Duration: 30 Minutes | Download
- The Status of Women Peace and Security in West Africa with Comfort Lamptey
About the audio:For this Talking Africa programme Desmond Davies speak to Ms Comfort Lamptey, the Regional Adviser on Governance, Peace and Security in the Regional Office for West and Central Africa, UN Women. The interview discusses the status of Women Peace and Security in West Africa region. In particular, the discussion focuses on various challenges and opportunities on women participation in political and socio-economic processes in the region.Recorded: March 2017 | Duration: 30 Minutes | Download
- Prof. Medhane Tadesse, Visiting Professor at King’s College London and Security Sector reform adviser to the African Union.
About the audio:Professor Tadesse Medhane discusses state building in South Sudan and security issues relating to Africa with Desmond Davies.
Recorded: April 2016 | Duration: 24 Minutes | Download
- Yvonne Owuor, Kenyan writer.
About the audio:Yvonne Owuor gives Desmond Davies her perspectives as a writer on underlying political and socio-cultural challenges facing Kenya and Africa.
Recorded: April 2016 | Duration: 25 Minutes | Download
- Jenerali Ulimwengu, veteran Tanzanian journalist
About the audio:Whither the state of the media in Tanzania and Africa in general? Jenerali Ulimwengu gives Desmond Davies his expert views on the subject.
Recorded: April 2016 | Duration: 28 Minutes | Download
- Pierre Buyoya, former president of Burundi and currently AU High Representative for Mali and the Sahel, based in Bamako.
About the Audio:Ex-President Buyoya on the situation of peace and security in Africa and the role of leaders in managing conflict.
Recorded: March 2016 | Duration: 26 Minutes | Download
- Dr. Abdalla Hamdok, Deputy Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
About the Audio:Dr. Hamdok discusses the options for moving Africa forward economically.
Recorded: March 2016 | Duration: 21 Minutes | Download
- Major General Muhammad Inuwa Idris – Retired Major General, Nigerian Army
About the Audio:Desmond Davies talks to Retired Major General Idris 26th Commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy on the relevance of Professional Military Education in Nigeria.
Recorded: December 2015 | Duration: 28 Min | Download
- Maha Marouan, Associate Professor of African American Studies and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at Penn State University, United States.
About the audio:Mounira Chaieb talks to Maha Marouan on the North Africa -Sub-Saharan Africa divide at the African Studies Association’s 58th annual conference held in San Diego, California.
Recorded: November 2015 | Duration: 22 Minutes | Download
- Scholars’ perspectives on leadership in Africa
About the audio:Mounira Chaieb asks various African scholars at American universities about their perspective of leadership in Africa. The scholars who were attending the African Studies Association Conference 58th annual conference in San Diego, California are: Maha Marouan, Associate Professor at Penn State University on the North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa divide; Dr. Tekle Woldemikael, Professor of Sociology at Chapman University; Dr. Salim Faraji, Executive Director, MAIS Africa Programme, Concordia University Irvine; Mojubaolu Olufunke Okome, Professor of Political Science, Women Studies and African Studies at Brooklyn College, City University of New York; Fallou Ngom ,Associate Professor and Director of the African Language Programme; Wangui wa Goro, African Development Bank; Elias K. Bongmba, Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Rice University in Houston, Texas; and Sebastian Elischer, Assistant Professor, Department of Comparative Politics at the University of Florida.
Recorded: November 2015 | Duration: 22 Minutes | Download
- Abdel-Fatau Musah, Director of Political Affairs UN Office Africa African Union.
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Dr. Abdel-Fatau Musah who is the Deputy Head of Office and Director of Political Affairs at United Nations Office African Union (UNOAFU), Addis Ababa. Is there a crisis of leadership in Africa?
Recorded: February 2015 | Duration: 27 Min | Download
- Dr. Awino Okech, Visiting Research Fellow, African Leadership Centre.
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Dr. Awino Okech who is a visiting Research Fellow at the African Leadership Centre. What role can women play in peace and security?
Recorded: February 2015 | Duration: 23 Min | Download
- Hon. Abubakar Zein Abubakar, Member of Parliament, East Africa Legislative Assembly
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Hon. Abubakar Zein Abubakar a Member of Parliament at East Africa Legislative Assembly (EALA) a Legislative body of the East Africa Community. Desmond asked, what were his perspective on conflict in the East African region?
Recorded: February 2015 | Duration: 26 Min | Download
- H.E Kayode Fayemi – Former Governor of Ekiti State, Nigeria
About the Audio:Desmond Davies talks H.E Kayode Fayemi, the Former Governor of Ekiti on priorities of Presidential Candidate of All Progressives Congress – Muhammadu Buhari All Progressives in the run up to the 2015 Presidential elections.
Recorded: February 2015 | Duration: 11 Min | Download
- Boubacar N’Diaye, College of Wooster, United States.
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Boubacar N’Diaye an Associate Professor of Political Science and Pan-African Studies at The College of Wooster, Ohio, United States. Desmond Davies asked Prof Rashid what is the state of leadership in Africa?.
Recorded: June 2014 | Duration: 15 Min | Download
- Prof. Amina Mama, University of California, Davies, United States.
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Amina Mama a Professor of Women and Gender Studies programme at University of California at Davies. Desmond Davies asked Prof Mama why successful rulers in Northern Nigeria did not develop Northern Nigeria?
Recorded: June 2013 | Duration: 25 Min | Download
- Prof. Ismail Rashid, Vassar College, United States.
About the audio:Desmond Davies talks to Ismail Rashid, Professor of History at Vassar College, United States. Desmond Davies asked Prof Rashid what is the state of leadership in Africa?
Recorded: June 2013 | Duration: 13 Min | Download
- Hon. Abratha Doe -Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Liberia.
About the audio:Desmond Davis talks to Hon. Abratha P. Doe, the Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Liberia and also an ALC Alumnus of the 2008-2009 African Women, Peace and Security Fellowship Programme. They discuss both her current engagement at the ministry as well as various challenges the Liberian state is confronting including the Ebola crisis.
Recorded: June 2016 | Duration: 21 Min | Download